Saturday, August 1, 2009

Natural for Less

With my days as a truly broke student now less than a week away, I decided to do research on the natural way of haircare. My mother and I chatted poolside about what I'd need and where I'd find it. I am already off to a start with shea butter. I had a hard time convincing her that mashed banana and honey make great conditioner, and that apple cider vinegar has great clarifying properties. (I wonder how many more "foods" have multiple uses?) I made a shopping list on my fingers:
  1. Honey: Deep Conditioning
  2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Clarifying
  3. Coconut Oil: Moisturizing
  4. Baking Soda: Cleansing
  5. Jojoba Oil: Moisturizing
  6. Bananas: Deep Conditioning
  7. Brown Sugar: Exfoliating
  8. Eggs: Conditioner
  9. Peppermint Oil: Revitalizing
  10. Olive Oil
This list is getting too long for my budget! I am very new to no longer buying ready-made shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers. Anyone have any ideas? What else should I add to the list?
And where can I find Jojoba oil?!

0 comments: