Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Elusive 4a Curly

Last night, before drifting off under the tv drone, I couldn't help but feel a slight disconnect to the curly community. I was excited to join women who have quit Standard Beauty, but I couldn't help to feel a little down because, well, where are the others like me?

I follow many great websites on being a curly gurl, yet it saddens me a bit that the pioneers of these sites don't have my hairtype. Most fall in the lovely 3c range, and I wonder if their 3c advice shows results on my 4a mane, excluding other factors such as porosity, density, and others.

I understand that with "scab hair", I won't quite know what my hair type truly is until it grows more and the scabbies are cut away. Yet I can make an educated guess, and it looks pretty afro to me.

Enough moping.
Seriously though, where are all my 4a sisters?

Sincerely,
Jadeite

Postscript: Scab hair is hair that has been affected by relaxer seeping into the hair follicles, causing it to be crunchy, hard to manage, and less responsive to product. Nappturality has an article discussing the existence of scab hair here.

0 comments: