Saturday, July 25, 2009

Original Self- Welcome

I tried this once before but I'm gonna do it forreal this time. I have (at last) fallen to the craze of putting my musings out for the rest of the anonymous world to see! And I felt I needed someway to keep track of my Relaxed-to-Natural transition.

Here's a Q&A bit so you know a bit about me.

For how long did you relax your hair?
My first relaxer was around age 7, and I didn't call it quits until around April this year. That's about 10 years of that horrid stuff.

When was your Big Chop?
My bc was on June 26th, 2009. It's been almost a month since then and I am still scarexcited. I suppose I can safely guess that the look of my hair is the 4a kinky kind.

How do you style your hair?
The only option I have currently is the ever-loved teeny weenie afro, which sometimes looks a little frizzy as some of my relaxed ends are still attached. I am deathly afraid of trims, but I suppose I'll just have to close my eyes until it's done.

And lastly (for now), what was your reason for going Natural?
I was tired of hating the water. We humans are cruel to ourselves.

I decided to share my journey with others who are natural, TWA'd, long and lucious, or in between hoping we can all connect.
Peace.

0 comments: