Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ethnic Shaved Head Trend?

I will admit I am far far late in speaking on this but my heart is battling with both sides of this topic. Apparently, there has been an influx of young black it-girls shaving part or all of their hair off and it's becoming the "new trend".

On one end, I am happy girls like Cassie and Rihanna are confident to take clippers to the head in the public eye. And let's not forget Solange, who has cut all. of. it. off and her hair type definitely looks a little kinked up in there <3
Besides, I abhor the word "trend". This word implies a passing fad, a little teenage phase that trendies have fun with for a little while and then drop like a lover who you've outgrown. Hinting that this natural mindset won't last long and we'll all be back to hiding our kinks and coils. Boo.
What's a bald-head/natural trend for one is a bonafide style for another, so trendies need to properly represent.

It's definitely a style for me, with my afro not even an inch high yet, heh. Since crossing over, I love to see others join, but don't call it a trend! That hurts. I'm never straightening again.

I hope to start hosting some beautifully natural pics soon.
Peace. Love,
Jade

0 comments: